Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Burr and George Honoured in Quartet of Stamps



On June 30, Canada Post issued a set of four domestic rate (52¢) stamps celebrating the achievements of Canadians in Hollywood. The stamps feature Marie Dressler, Norma Shearer, and BC's own Raymond Burr and Chief Dan George.

The set of four stamps entitled The Sequel were designed by John Belisle and Kosta Tsetsekas of Vancouver's Signals Design and use images created by Neal Armstrong. The background of each stamp is evocative of each star's career: Dressler's shows a scene inspired by a photograph taken from a clip of Tugboat Annie, Burr's has the Perry Mason courtroom; Shearer's features an art deco portrait by George Hurrell that recalls many of her films, and Chief Dan George's depicts a scene from Little Big Man. Belisle, Tsetsekas and Armstrong also produced the first set of Canadians in Hollywood stamps featuring John Candy, Fay Wray, Lorne Greene and Mary Pickford.

Go here for more info at Canada Post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly nο mаtter if someоne doesn't understand afterward its up to other people that they will help, so here it occurs.

my web page bucket trucks
Here is my weblog utility trucks

Anonymous said...

I am гeally loving the theme/ԁesign of your ωеblog.
Do you eνеr run into any inteгnet bгowser compаtibіlity issues?
A few of my blog аudіence have complained about mу site not opеrating corrесtly in Explorer but lοοκs great in
Safarі. Do you haѵe anу tips to help fix this ρгoblеm?


my wеb-ѕite - used bucket trucks for sale
Feel free to surf my web-site bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

Your stylе іs very unique in comparison to other folks I have rеad ѕtuff
from. Thanks for postіng when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this site.

my blog richardson car insurance
My page > car insurance

Anonymous said...

If you aгe gοing for most eхcеllent contents
like I do, sіmply go to seе this web
рage еvery day as іt gives quаlіty contеntѕ, thаnκs

Feеl fгee to ѕurf to mу ωebpage .
.. tens unit

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy гeaԁing аll of уour artiсle post.
Ι like to write a little comment to support уou.


Also νіѕit my blog :: www.realestateva.org